Hair Products – Your Ultimate and Useful Guide
Many girls who are new to the La Dida Dee Diva routine for keeping their hair manageable and impressive, find it hard to get past the first step. The first step is being what to buy, what to use and how to know if it is the right product for their hair. In this article I will walk you through a very basic yet informational guide to keeping your hair beautiful with various hair products.
What’s Your Hair Type?
Before buying any products or even thinking about washing your hair, first you will want to understand and know your hair type. There are many hair types in the world and yours could be anyone of them. So stand in front of a mirror, comb your hair and examine. These are the 3 main hair types:
- The Curly Hair Type
1. Loose and Silky
2. Springy and Spiraled
- The Straight Hair Type
1. Completely Flat, Little Volume and Difficulty in Curling
2. Holds Curls, Natural Bends and More Volume
3. A Lot More Volume, Natural Waves and Coarse Hair Strands
- The Wavy Hair Type
1. Natural Beach Waves, Few Bends and Not Frizzy
2. Defined Waves, Difficulty in Poofing Up and Frizzy
3. Spiraled Waves Looking A Lot Like Curls, Much Frizzy and Poofs Up On Its Own
I know that each sub category is very briefly described but you get the point. Some ladies like me have combination hair which is a lot more difficult to handle and usually ends up in a bun at the top of your head. Combination hair types are those which have 2 or more types of hair on one head. Let’s hope you do not have that hair type.
After you have known which hair is yours step out of your home and head over to a shop where all that you need is there, that being:
- Hair Oil
- Leave-in Conditioner
- Hair Gel
These 5 items must be the top ones on of your list because they are the ones which will help greatly with keeping your hair beautiful, lustrous and healthy.
The Complimentary Hair Products
Besides those very important items which were mentioned previously a girl needs a bunch of other hair products to top off everything. What can those be?
- Heat Protection Spray
- Dry Shampoo
- Hair Gel
- Wide Toothed Combs
- Round Ceramic Brush
- Multifunctional Flat Iron
- Salon Quality Blow Dryer
You may think that the last 2 options are a bit pricey and too far notched but really, they are supposed to be your first choices. A Salon Quality Blow Dryer like H2pro H2Pro Nano Hi-Tech Ultra Light 2500 Hair Dryer is going to be worth your investment and brings you results that are very satisfactory for a long period of time. Expert stylists have recommended it and said that it is noise free, dries your hair very fast and is very functional. Also a flat iron like the Diamond Hair Styler that can be used for a variety of purposes comes very handy. It has many little perks that are rarely found in other products. Such as:
- A thumb print and cool tips for a steady grip and to avoid burning your fingers
- All buttons are on the inside so you don’t accidentally change the settings
- Gets hot (450F/230C) really fast, in up to 15 seconds
- Warranty: 1 year guarantee
You can make waves, curls and tousled curls with a multi-use flat iron which in turn does not need you to buy a curling iron alongside it.
The Hair Products’ Ingredients
There are millions and millions, scratch that….billions of hair products all over the world and companies just want to sell. That being said, many companies make the mistake of adding harmful chemical substances in their hair products. Here is a list of all the toxic chemicals added in hair care products that are definitely going to harm your locks:
|Synthetic Fragrances||Synthetic Colors||Behentrimonium Chloride|
|Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)||Triclosan||Retinyl Palmitate|
So make sure that your hair products are harmless and do not contain (maybe do contain these chemicals but only very few) these chemicals for each one of them has a slew of disadvantages. Because you can’t possibly find a hair product with NONE of these chemicals in it! You are going to want to look for ingredients that promise you healthy and natural hair. The best way to know that your hair product is great and promises you positive effects is seeing how many natural composites are there in the ingredient list. Nothing can treat your hair better than natural elements like fruits, seeds and vegetable oils. Besides those, botanical extracts and herbs are also an awesome addition to your hair products’ ingredient list.
Last but most importantly you have to know how to use and apply all your hair products sensibly. For example if you have brought all the items listed in the two columns in Section 2 and 3 then here is how you should use them:
- Step in the shower and wet your hair. Work up a good lather with your shampoo.
- Use your wide toothed comb to detangle hair strands and properly coat your hair with the shampoo.
- Rinse off all the lather and start applying your conditioner. If you have brought a Shampoo + Conditioner 2 in 1 then skip this step.
- Step out of the shower, and gently towel your hair. It would be best to use an old cotton shirt. Helps to tame the frizz.
- Start with some Leave-in Conditioner or Hair Oil and massage it in all your hair. That will protect your hair throughout the day.
- If you have naturally frizzy hair you might want to contemplate some Hair Gel as well for it helps greatly.
- But if you’re going ahead and making a cute hairstyle like a pony tail or fishtail braid, the Hairspray will come of use to keep every hair strand in place.
- If you’re keeping your hair down and want it straight use your Salon Quality Blow Dryer.
- Take your Round Ceramic Brush and use it to blow dry your hair. We have a tutorial video for that right here.
- The Mousse will assist in giving your hair that wet and fresh-out-of-the-shower look.
- You do not need to use your Multifunctional Flat Iron if you’ve already carried out the blow drying step.
- Now you want to give your hair a good spritz of Heat Protection Spray for safety.
- Give your hair ends a lively look with a few drops of Serum if you’d like.
- As for the Dry Shampoo, it is for those lazy days when you don’t feel like washing your hair but still want the healthy and scented hair.
So there you have it, your 5 steps to achieving flawless hair with the help of hair products only. If you would like to check out some other great Hair tips head over to this page. Please do subscribe for more fantastic and unique blog posts.